EducationBS in Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon University
MA in Mathematics, San Francisco State University (in progress)
Experience* Private and drop-in tutoring experience - over 450 hours so far.
* Teaching experience - High school, college
* 1520 on the GRE general exam (approx. 166 Math / 168 Verbal under the new scoring system)
* 810 on the GRE Math subject test
* I have taken pretty much all the math classes generally offered at an undergraduate level.
* I like tutoring because I like the material, and I like the "a-ha" moments with students. I am good at math, but I'm also good at coming up with new ways to look at a problem, communicating methods and reasoning, making connections, and test-taking strategy.
* I accept the four major credit cards via square, as well as cash, check, or paypal.
* I offer referral credit!
* I am setting up online tutoring - ask for details.
HobbiesI like science fiction, psychology, and physics. I'm moderately good at folding origami. I love math, but I don't think it's the beginning or the end.
Client Reviews (6)
My son had a great experience with Seth. He was taking an on-line pre-calc course and started having difficulty. Seth immediately responded, and even thought he was busy was able to accommodate. He was able to teach my son and fill in several gaps. My son not only passed the course but the evening after his final he got his Calc book out and prepared for the next course! Amazing! His confidence is soaring! Hope you are lucky enough to work with Seth!
Seth observed my logic and reasoning in doing my math problems. From his observations he was able to help me understand where I was going astray and how to correct those patterns. Instead of catching the fish for me, he is teaching me how to fish!
Seth is AMAZING! He responded within minutes to my extremely last minute search for a tutor,on a Sunday morning, for my 10 year old daughter who absolutely had to learn a math concept by the end of the day! He graciously opened his afternoon up for us and after one short hour Seth was able to teach my daughter concepts very clearly and concisely,and most important of all,my daughter thought he was great,and she really enjoyed the tutoring session! Seth is a very gifted and talented tutor,we feel so fortunate to have found him. I feel that Seth's teaching ability in math is actually above the level my daughter is currently receiving, at a top ranked private school where she attends!
Got back to me right away. Very flexible schedule. Able to work on just about any kind of math, and unlike other tutors I had, actually knew the subject matter without "burshing up" on it the hour before showing up.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.